It’s been a productive 2015 year for CSF’s Racing & High Performance division, and one of our most innovative product lines so far has been our innovative “O” Series line of race-spec all-aluminum radiators with built-in oil coolers!
SUBARU WRX/STI: 02-07 & 08-14 + 2015
The 1st models of this new “O” Series is for the Subaru platform: 02-07 STI/WRX (CSF #3076O) and 08-14 + 15 (CSF #7042O). These 2 applications were developed alongside industry leading Subaru engine builders & race tuners, LIC Motorsports from Northern California. CSF also reached out to one of our closest race teams, Subaru tuners, and dealers; Snail Performance, to help with fitment and performance testing in the hot Arizona desert they are regionally located in.
- These radiators utilize a 2-row 42mm core that feature CSF’s exclusive B-tube technology, as well as an ultra-efficient 6.5mm multi-louvered fin for maximum surface area contact, heat dissipation, and extreme performance capabilities.
- Equipped with an all-aluminum racing style drain plug for quick and reliable fluid changes
- CSF 1.4 Bar (20 psi) radiator cap
- Engineered and designed to be a complete “drop-in fit” install. Works with all the OEM brackets, fittings, AC condenser, hoses, and fan shrouds (only minor trimming needed at fitting locations)
- Featuring a robust 4-plate liquid-to-oil plate-type oil cooler built into the bottom endtank. A liquid-to-oil cooler is much more efficient than a conventional air-oil cooler. Lab tested in CSF”s ISO certified in-house lab testing facility to reject heat better and at a faster rate than a 10 row air-to-oil cooler. In addition, by being placed in the bottom endtank, the oil temperature is regulated by the thermostat of the cooling system. Never have to worry about operating temperatures not warming up fast enough in cold weather climates.
- Complete with 2 AN-10 male fittings and is compatible with many popular aftermarket engine and exhaust manifolds.
- This kit comes complete with a machined thermostatic sandwich plate made by Greddy and forged right angle -10 fittings made by BAT.
- Topped off with the industry’s finest 1 hour hand polish “mirror finish” for a look that matches the performance.
No expense spared with CSF’s included kit. Complete with a machined thermostatic sandwich plate made by Greddy and forged right angle -10 fittings made by BAT.
**PRODUCT UPDATE for CSF #3076O & #7042O**
We have switched to using the Mocal compact, lightweight, high-flow M20 x 1.5 filter sandwich plate (Mocal part #SP1F) instead of the ones made by Greddy. Apparently, there were some internal issues that prevented us from purchasing the Greddy sandwich plates from their USA distributor so we had to source this part from another manufacturer.
* 2006/2007 WRX has a much tighter fitment due to different factory oil cooler and exhaust manifold combination. To make this work with these model years, you will either need to remove the factory oil cooler and cap off the coolant line coming off the water pump and at the block and/or run aftermarket headers (as it’ll have less of a fitment issue).*
Price ~ $649 MSRP/MAP, currently offered at an introductory price of $599 (with kit included)
Both of these new Subaru applications are now in stock, and are available through CSF’s global distribution network and select list of exclusive dealers.
SCION FR-S / SUBARU BRZ / TOYOTA FT-86
This has been one of the most challenging and difficult products for us to design. A truly collaborative effort between CSF Radiators and Jackson Racing spanning the course of more than a year in development. Our 1st prototype debuted at SEMA 2014, and we’re very excited to be able to showcase the 1st production unit at SEMA 2015 at the CSF booth in central hall (#21555). With over 5 prototypes, countless design changes, and many hours of discussions, both of our companies are very proud to have the world’s 1st true “drop-in fit” all-aluminum radiator with a built-in oil cooler for the ZN6/ZC6 platform. This new model works with all OEM components, including the fan shroud, AC condenser, and mounting brackets. It requires no modifications or trimming to install.
This new model will be available at the end of 2015 or 1st part of 2016. Contact Jackson Racing for pricing, availability, and ordering details for this highly anticipated cooling solution for the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ. CSF #7050O
Got an idea or a need for another application for our “O” Series? Let us know! Contact info@CSFrace.com.