Research & Development Engineer
CSF Cooling is seeking talent to continue to elevate us an industry leader. We are seeking a qualified R&D Engineer to join our team who possesses the capabilities and experience required to develop complex designs into high-quality manufacturable products.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent mechanical and fabrication knowledge, computer skills, communication skills, organizational skills, excellent project completion record and the ability to work unsupervised. The successful candidate will be a solid communicator, and will find gratification in problem-solving, being first to market, and responding quickly to changing priorities, projects and tasks. A good understanding of vehicle cooling and turbo systems is required.
Please note that this list is not all encompassing and that CSF is looking for a “go-getter” who can go above and beyond to help achieve the company goals. Duties and responsibilities may change as per current business conditions and company requirements.
- Project manage the evolution of product concepts through all phases of development, including R&D, concept generation + development, prototyping, fitting, testing and manufacturing of cooling products
- Creates 3-D models, prototypes and detailed drawings of parts and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Analyzes engineering drawings, specifications and related data to determine design factors such as dimensions, shape, load capacities, arrangement of parts and duty life cycles
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Collaborates with manufacturing, production, marketing, and operations teams to launch new products
- Assists with installation instruction development, including scripting, technical content and composition
- Oversees product line maintenance and implementation of engineering changes
- Follows PDM procedures for the organization, management and storage of all engineering data
- Communicate with suppliers and outside vendors to bring products to market on time
Experience, Skills, and Competencies Required:
- Proficiency in SolidWorks software with high comfort level for design in a 100% 3-D environment is required
- Experience with 2D & 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Must know and understand basic principles used in product design, machining, multiple methods of manufacturing, mold design, prototyping (fabricated or rapid prototyped) and testing/validation
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivating, driven to produce results, and work independently
- Must work well in a team atmosphere and have excellent written/verbal communication skills, negotiation skills, and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; ability to handle multiple projects & tasks to completion.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to excellence, with creative problem-solving for mechanical design, required.
- Strong computer skills – Must be able to create and maintain excel spreadsheets and databases, which means knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in automotive. Must know the theories and workings of automobile engine compartments and how induction systems are designed for all types of motorized vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products from concept to market
- Experience in automotive induction design and manufacturing methods, a plus
- Technical/Mechanical skills on working on vehicles is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, a plus, but not required
- Valid Driver’s License with Good/Safe Driving Record Required
This is a full-time, in-house position. Occasional after hours and weekend work is required
CSF offers comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Nominal Life Insurance
- 401(K) with corporate match
- And more…
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
CSF is not currently accepting applications for this position.