CSF is proud to introduce another industry exclusive to its growing line of “Classic Series” radiators. An All Aluminum Replacement Radiator, yet still high performance, for the Mercedes Benz R129 SL500 5.0L V8 – CSF#8057. These over-engineered German sports cars from the ’90s were technically advanced for their time, and have now entered the “collectible” realm of car enthusiasts across the globe. With fitment spanning a 12-year range from 1990-2002, and some of these early model vehicles now nearing close to 30 years old, the factory radiators with plastic end-tanks need to be replaced.
Reasons to replace or upgrade with CSF’s #8057 for Mercedes Benz SL500:
- The OEM radiator with plastic end tanks can become brittle and crack/leak over time due to normal wear and tear and repeated on/off heat cycles.
- The OEM radiator core can possibly be clogged up with debris affecting the performance of the radiator.
- The OEM radiator may be corroded from the inside due to sediments in the water or lack of scheduled coolant flushes and changes. A common occurrence for vehicles that often sit or are stored, without being driven, for long periods of time.
- The normal life cycle for an OEM radiator is typical 5-10 years. Preventative replacement to a CSF all-aluminum radiator will ensure better performance, higher levels of reliability during driving, and be more durable as an upgraded high-performance replacement to the old or other aftermarket plastic/aluminum radiators.
The all-aluminum replacement radiator for the R129 SL500 features CSF’s known “drop-in fitment”, requiring no additional parts or modifications for installation as well as CSF’s exclusive B-Tube Technology core; the most advanced and efficient radiator core in the industry. CSF’s #8057 will install with no modifications to the OEM fan shroud, A/C condenser, OEM hoses, and all OEM ducting. A complete plug-and-play upgraded replacement solution.
All Aluminum Replacement Radiator (CSF #8057) Features:
- “Drop-in fit” requiring no modifications to install
- 2-row 42mm (Dual-Core) featuring CSF’s exclusive B-tube technology
- Ultra-efficient multi-louvered fin w/ 6.5mm fin height (for proper airflow to other cooling components). Resulting in optimal surface area contact and heat dissipation
- CNC machined brackets and fittings for superb fit and durability
- Slip-on hose fittings (35mm)
- 100% all-aluminum TIG-welded construction
- 2 year limited warranty
CSF #8057 – Polished Finish
OEM Part Number
MSRP/MAP $529.00 USD
- 1990 – 1993 MBZ 500SL (5.0L, V8)
- 1994 – 2002 MBZ SL500 (5.0L, V8)
CSF’s all-aluminum replacement radiator for the 90’-02’ Mercedes Benz SL500 is now available. Buy it from one of our Featured Dealers below: