Following our debut of our world exclusive All-Aluminum Radiator for the B8 S4/S5, we are excited to announce another world’s first release: CSF’s highly anticipated High-Performance Intercooler System for the new C8 RS6 and RS7.
We’ve teamed up with leading VAG specialists from Southern California, Pacific German, to bring this critical intercooler system to market, unlocking the full potential and increasing power goals of the new C8 platform.
CSF has again teamed up with strategic manufacturing partners, PWR, to bring Formula-1 performance to the aftermarket.
Design & Engineering
|OEM||CSF by PWR|
|# Of Tubes||22||45|
|Tube Height||7mm||3mm Rolled Tube|
|Design||Crimped w/ Gasket|
|100% TIG Welded|
CNC Billet End Tanks
The most important feature of the CSF by PWR RS6/RS7 Intercooler System is the Formula-1 grade intercooler core. CSF’s strategic relationship with PWR has allowed the inclusion of this core, which is unlike any other available in the performance aftermarket.
- 3mm tall, rolled tubes with turbulated inner fins maximize the dissipation of heat from the charge air flowing through the pressure side of the intercooler core
- The 4.85mm tall multi-louvered fin is the most efficient fin in the high-performance industry, with performance similar to PWR’s Formula-1 grade race intercooler cores
Proven on CSF’s similar air-to-air twin intercooler systems, for both Porsche 992 Turbo/S and GT2RS, these cores eliminate heat soak and lower Intake Air Temperatures (IATs) to allow maximum performance of the vehicle for an extended period of demanding driving conditions.
As evident from the dyno testing (see graphs below), one of the biggest advantages of CSF’s new C8 RS6/RS7 Intercooler System is the recovery speed in dissipating heat from the turbocharger system.
With the OEM intercoolers, the new C8 platform starts to exhibit heat soak and run-away increases in IATs, which then triggers the ECU system to pull timing out of the engine and subsequently lowers performance.
CNC Machined Billet End Tanks
As with our other products produced through our PWR partnership, our new RS6/RS7 Intercoolers feature 100% TIG-welded machined billet aluminum end tanks vs. the OEM crimped cast aluminum end tanks. This feature is not only aesthetically pleasing, but is also stronger for longevity and durability on high-performance vehicles. The CNC machined billet end tanks are ready to withstand increased boost pressures from bolt-on modifications, higher performance tunes, as well as upgraded turbochargers.
With the enthusiasm that RS6/RS7 customers have for their vehicles, the platform is already pushing past 800 WHP (on its way to 4-digit power levels) and the CSF intercoolers are one of the critical components in reaching these power goals.
In-depth engineering processes and testing alongside leading VAG tuning/supercharger specialist, VF Engineering, and Pacific German allowed us to make this high-level vehicle’s components just as refined as the vehicle itself.
These two graphs show the comparison of OEM (Left) and CSF Intercoolers (Right) with a factory OEM engine tune on an Audi C8 RS6. As you can see from the graphs above, the OEM intercoolers start to exhibit heat soak early on in the testing, already starting to affect performance on the 3rd dyno pull. IATs go up with engine speed. With the CSF intercoolers, the temperature drops as engine speed increases, and recovery between dyno pulls is very quick.
The second set of graphs compares the OEM (Left) and CSF Intercoolers (Right) with VF Engineering Stage-2 engine performance software. In these graphs, like the previous ones as well, the OEM intercoolers allow for heat to rise as engine speed increases. With the CSF Intercoolers, the intake air temperatures drop as engine speed increases. IATs are much more stable with the upgraded CSF units compared to the OEM intercoolers.
Maximum performance, increased recovery speed, stronger design and more power – another industry-leading design, exclusively by CSF.
Testimonial from QSTuning (United Kingdom)
Check out the full article from Speedhunters: QSTuning: The UK’s Audi Tuning Powerhouse
Product Images ( CSF #8194 & #8194B )
CSF High-Performance Intercooler System Features (CSF #8194 / #8194B):
- Sold as a set (Pair of Left & Right)
- Eliminates Heat Soak and Lowers Intake Air Temperatures (IATs) for Maximum Performance in High-Performance and Race Conditions
- Stage 1 (Stock Tune) +20 WHP / +18 WTQ*
- Stage 2 (With High-Performance Tune) +10 WHP / +20 WTQ*
- Formula-1 Performance Grade Core by PWR (2-Row Core Featuring Rolled Tubes w/ Inner Fins)
- CNC Machined Billet End Tanks
- 100% TIG Welded vs. OEM Style Gasket and Crimped End Tanks for Maximum Durability
- OEM Style Inlet/Outlet Connections for Precise Fitment With All OEM Components
- True Plug-and-Play “Drop-in Fit” Installation Requires Absolutely No Modifications
- Raw Billet Aluminum Finish (#8194)
- Thermal Black Heat Dispersion Cerakote Finish (#8194B)
- Made in the USA at PWR North America
* Compared to OEM Intercoolers With Same-Day Dyno Testing by VF Engineering
- 2020+ Audi C8 RS6
- 2020+ Audi C8 RS7
- OEM Part Numbers:
- 4K0 145 805 P (Left) & 4K0 145 806 B (Right)
- CSF #8194 MSRP/MAP: $3,895 USD
- CSF #8194B MSRP/MAP: $4,195 USD
Due to the complexities and machining time of manufacturing these intercoolers, production runs are limited – Please contact an authorized CSF dealer or distributor to order.
CSF’s R&D Partner and Preferred Dealer
1000+HP Audi RS6 COOLED by CSF