( CSF #7204 )
CSF has seen a big rise in demand for cooling upgrades for many 90’s classics over the past few years. The 1st generation Audi A4 has been joining those ranks and understandably so. The B5 A4 is still a handsome car boasting the sophisticated Quattro AWD and a 1.8L Turbo motor. Many people have fond memories of these cars from their earlier years and it is great to see so many restored to their previous glory.
The 1.8L has a good amount of tuning support and can make some decent power with some bolt-ons. However, with turning up the power you need a good way to deal with the heat. Until now, there haven’t been any readily available high-performance radiator options for the B5 A4. Introducing the highly anticipated CSF High-Performance All Aluminum Radiator for the Audi B5 A4.
The new all-aluminum high-performance radiator from CSF is a 2-row 42mm core in a Dual-pass configuration.
Design & Engineering
The Audi/VW 1.8L 20v Turbo inline 4 is a great motor. Over the years it has proven stout when making more power and keep the B5 A4’s weight low enough to still be fairly light and nimble. A few bolt-ons, new turbos, and a tune can quickly get you to double the original horsepower of the motor. Unfortunately, these power gains come at the cost of a lot of extra heat.
CSF sought to develop a High-Performance All Aluminum Radiator that would keep up with the needs of enthusiast not only making more power but pushing their Audi’s to the limit. Whether you participate in Auto-X, Drag Racing, Track Driving, or just like hitting the backroads with vigor, the new CSF #7204 is what you need.
OEM vs CSF
The 2-Row 42mm core greatly not only increases the fluid capacity of the radiator, but also improves the cores ability to dissipate heat. CSF’s Exclusive B-Tube Technology increases the heat transfer by approximately 15% over regular oval welded tubes. In addition, the super-efficient multi-louvered fins maximize airflow through the core for the best possible performance. More cooling rows also contribute to the overall efficiency of the radiator. More cooling tubes means more surface area for the coolant’s heat to dissipate from.
The TIG-Welded 100% All Aluminum construction increases the overall strength of the radiator. This improves durability and longevity so you can be confident it will hold up to harder driving conditions much better than the factory unit.
Audi B5 A4 1.8T High-Performance All Aluminum Radiator Features (CSF #7204)
- 2-Row, 42mm Ultra-High-Performance Dual Pass Core
- 45 Cooling Tubes with CSF’s Exclusive B-Tube Technology
- 6.5mm Tall Ultra Efficient Fins with a Multi-Louvered Design for Maximum Surface Area Contact
- CNC Machined Mounting Brackets and OEM Style Inlet/Outlet
- 100% All Aluminum TIG-Welded Construction
- Smooth Satin Finish
- True Plug-and-Play “Drop-in Fit” Installation Requires Absolutely No Modifications
- For Manual Transmission Only
- Individually Leak and Pressure Tested
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
- 1995-2001 Audi B5 A4 1.8T Quattro (Manual Transmission Only)
- 1995-2001 Audi B5 A4 1.8T FWD (Manual Transmission Only)
- 1998-2001 VW Passat 1.8T 4 Motion (Manual Transmission Only)
- 1998-2001 VW Passat 1.8T FWD (Manual Transmission Only)
- OEM Part Number:
- Audi/VW: 8D0 121 251 P
- MSRP: $489.00 USD /MAP: $459.00 USD