We’re no strangers to building Porsches. Coming off his 1,000whp 1/2-mile 991 Turbo S and his RUF conversion 996 RTurbo, the owner of CSF Race, Ravi Dolwani, has decided to throw his hat in the ring for best Porsche build of the year. This time, going back through the pages of Porsche history with a unique 911 backdate – 73 RSR style with a modern twist.
The car will be debuted at the 2021 SEMA Show, showcasing CSF’s new line of OEM+ Performance Oil Coolers for air-cooled Porsches.
The majority of the build is taking place at SV Auto in La Verne, California. Owner, Simo Veharanta, is a vehicle restoration expert. He specializes in Porsche restorations – this is where his passion and expertise really shines.
We enlisted the help of many previous build partners as well as some new companies from around the world, including:
- SSF European Auto Parts Distribution Company, a premier CSF distributor for European models, has come on board to help with product support and parts sourcing, specifically hard-to-get classic Porsche OEM parts and niche high-performance items from Germany
- Jon Sibal, acclaimed automotive designer, is the third key partner to the build – he designed and rendered the full custom exterior that the vehicle is based off of
- Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery added an insane look to our interior
- Sparco SPX Seats
- Carbone Liveries custom steering wheel, interior detail items, and custom exterior lighting to debut on the vehicle
- Chasing J’s is making us some awesome titanium exterior and interior pieces
- Rotiform is building us custom one-off wheels
- With custom centerlock hub adapters made by Stanceworks Garage
- Falken is hooking us up with some of their tires
- KW Suspension Coilovers
- Stoptech Level 3 “Street” Big Brake Kit
- Wavetrac differential
- Tarett Engineering industry-leading suspension and engine components
- Prato Motorwerks has hand-built an artisan Porsche 993 3.9L NA engine
- With custom WebcamShafts camshafts
- Mahle Motorsports 3.9L pistons
- Sachs Performance Clutch Assembly
- Kinsler Fuel Injection Drive-by Wire Individual Throttle Body system
- BMRS top-of-the-line “Pro Gold” plumbing and fittings
- Ryan at Rywire Motorsports Electronics will be wiring the ITB setup and engine harness for the drive-by wire Motec ECU
- Antigravity Batteries lightweight Lithium battery and charger
- Radenso Radar RC-M + AL Priority Laser Defense Kit
- And more…
Follow along as we set out to build a backdate with a perfect blend of classic style, inspired by early 1970s RSR race cars of the past, mixed with materials, technology, and innovation from 2021.
New Videos Every Friday on The OFFICIAL CSF Youtube
- Documentary Style Videos by RJ at FrshMedia (IG: @frsh.media / @bred_x)
- Photography by Darrien (IG: @_crvn_)
The journey begins at SV Auto, where we meet the owner, Simo Veharanta – who is spearheading the build. Simo’s an Expert Porsche builder, often found in the pages of Excellence magazine, with a pedigree stemming from his deep connection with good friend Alof Ruf from Germany.
Simo decided to take on building the CSF911 under one condition – the design process would be a mutual collaboration between himself and Ravi, with the ultimate goal of building the most fascinating Porsche 911 backdate ever to be created – a real blend of experience and old school, classic Porsche style with new ideas and modern technology.
Starting December 2020, Jon Sibal had started to create the design that’s now being used as the roadmap by SV Auto to bring this vision to reality. With no time wasted, on January 4th, the team at SV Auto started from scratch and began tearing down a 1982 911SC to bare metal.
No details will be overlooked, no corners will be cut. The Road to SEMA 2021.