The Porsche 928 was intended to replace the 911 when it was introduced in the late 70’s – think of how things would be today if that were the case…
The 911 has carried the torch for Porsche and continues to live strong until this day. However, during the 928’s short-lived time, it still stirred the pot and gave Porsche engineers a blank canvas to design this car from the ground up. The design was ahead of its time and, if it were released today, it would likely give the 911 a run for its money.
One of the biggest drawbacks back then (and today) is not only the cost to maintain and repair the 928, but also the availability of parts. The timing belt and water-cooling system service alone can easily range from $2-3k and is recommended to be done every five to seven years – that’s considering there’s nothing wrong with the radiator.
…Guess what? If you are lucky enough to find one, the average list price for an OEM 928 radiator is $2,400!
In comes CSF’s partnership with 928 International, the number one source for Porsche 928 parts both new and used.
There are very few collectors that are willing to search for, and spend over $2k for an OEM radiator. For everyone else, the best option is CSF’s All-Aluminum High-Performance 928 radiator.
This is a world-exclusive radiator, made exclusively for 928 International, that fits all 928 models. The CSF 928 radiator features two oil coolers; an engine oil cooler (left side) and a transmission oil cooler (right side). It’s a drop-in fit for all 928 models (both manual and automatic transmissions) with no modifications necessary. Another key feature is its ultra-efficient core with CSF’s exclusive B-Tube technology and multi-louvered fins, to maximize surface area for heat dissipation. Not only is the CSF 928 radiator a better performing unit compared to the OEM radiator, it’s also a fraction of the cost!
CSF x 928 International High-Performance Radiator (csf #8029) Features:
- 2 Row, 42mm Ultra-High-Performance Core Featuring CSF’s Exclusive B-Tube Technology
- Core Features Ultra-Efficient, 6.5mm Tall Fins with a Multi-Louvered Design for Maximum Surface Area Contact
- Upgraded Transmission Cooler Built Into Passenger Side End Tank (Right Side)
- Upgraded Engine Oil Cooler Built Into Driver Side End Tank (Left Side)
- Individually Leak and Pressure Tested
- CNC Machined Mounting Brackets and OEM Connections for Superb Fit and Durability
- 100% All Aluminum TIG-Welded Construction
- True “Drop-In Fit” Requires No Modifications to Install
- Brushed Aluminum Finish
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- “Multi Fit” Design (Combination Model) Fits All 928 Models & Radiator OEM Numbers
Part Number: CSF #8029
OEM Numbers: 928-106-023-20, 928-106-040-02, 928-106-043-01, & 928-106-044-01
Pricing: MSRP $649.00 USD
- 1978-1982 Porsche 928 Base 4.5L
- 1983-1986 Porsche 928 S 4.7L & 5.0L
- 1987-1989 Porsche 928 S4 5.0L
- 1990-1991 Porsche 928 Base & GT 5.0L
- 1993-1995 Porsche 928 GTS 5.4L